Type of care
This is a type of help at home service – equipment that helps keep you safe and independent.
How it could help
- Walking aids like crutches, quadruped walkers, walking frames, walking sticks
- Mechanical devices for lifting you in and out of bed
- Bed rails
- Aids like slide sheets, sheepskins, tri-pillows
- Pressure-relieving mattresses.
How would I get this service?
Depending on your eligibility, it can be provided:
- on its own, through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme, or
- with other services, as part of a Home Care Package.
To find out what services you are eligible for, you will need to be assessed.Apply for an assessment
Stories that have this service
Story: Eleanor struggled with basic household tasks due to vision loss
Story: Gianni struggled to use the shower and toilet after a few falls
Story: Omar lost his independence after breaking his hip
Story: Judy’s short-term memory declined because of her dementia
Story: A stroke restricted Rosa’s movement and independence