My Aged Care is the starting point to access Australian Government-funded aged care services. The phone line and website can help older Australians, their families and carers to get the help and support they need.
My Aged Care provides:
- information on the different types of aged care services available
- an assessment of needs to identify eligibility and the right type of care
- referrals and support to find service providers that can meet your needs
- information on what you might need to pay towards the cost of your care.
What you can expect from My Aged Care
My Aged Care will offer:
- prompt, reliable and confidential services
- polite, helpful and knowledgeable staff
- clear information, available in other languages if you speak another language
- support to access information if you have hearing difficulties or a vision impairment
- help to find government funded aged care services
- prompt resolution of any complaint or concern you have with My Aged Care.
We will always:
- protect your personal information
- respect you and the choices you make
- respect and support your cultural background, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity
- respect your right to have an advocate
- inform you about your options, rights and responsibilities
- explain why, if we are unable to help you, and point you to other assistance that may be available.
We will not:
- provide you with legal, medical or financial advice
- seek information about you from another person or organisation without your permission.
You can help us to help you by giving:
- accurate information about yourself, your needs and situation
- feedback on how we can improve our services.
How to talk to us
My Aged Care has a dedicated customer contact centre that you can call or email.
You can call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422.
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm
- Saturdays: 10am - 2pm
Closed on Sundays and national public holidays.
Translating and Interpreting Service
For translating and interpreting services, call 131 450 and ask for 1800 200 422.
National Relay Service
Visit the National Relay Service website to choose your preferred access point, or call the NRS Helpdesk on 1800 555 660.
You can also email My Aged Care using our contact us form.
The following resources are also available to help explain how to get started with My Aged Care:
- My Aged Care brochure
- Newspaper and magazine advertisement
- My Aged Care magnet
- Radio advertisement
My Aged Care webpages
- Resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Resources for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people
You can order hard copies of the brochure (quote I50067), poster (quote I50069) and magnet (quote I50068) from National Mailing and Marketing:
Phone: (02) 6269 1025