The Australian Government’s My Aged Care phone line and website can help you to access services and find information in one spot for:
- a family member, friend or someone you’re caring for.
Find out about the steps to receiving aged care services at Not sure? Start here.
Talk to us
You can call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422:
- Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm
- Saturdays 10am - 2pm
- Sundays and national public holidays CLOSED
Translating and Interpreting Service: call 131 450 and ask for 1800 200 422.
National Relay Service: visit www.relayservice.gov.au to choose your preferred access point or call the NRS Helpdesk on 1800 555 660.
My Aged Care Service Charter
What you can expect from My Aged Care:
- prompt, reliable and confidential services
- polite, helpful and knowledgeable staff
- clear information, available in other languages if you speak another language
- support to access information if you have hearing difficulties or a vision impairment
- help to find government funded aged care services
- prompt resolution of any complaint or concern you have with My Aged Care.
We will always:
- protect your personal information
- respect you and the choices you make
- respect and support your cultural background, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity
- respect your right to have an advocate
- inform you about your options, rights and responsibilities
- explain why if we are unable to help you, and point you to other assistance that may be available.
We will not:
- provide you with legal, medical or financial advice
- seek information about you from another person or organisation without your permission.
You can help us to help you by giving:
- accurate information about yourself, your needs and situation
- feedback on how we can improve our services.