My Aged Care is your starting point for accessing Australian Government-funded aged care services.
We provide the information and support you need to understand, access and navigate the aged care system. You can access My Aged Care online, on the phone or in person.
My Aged Care provides:
- information on the different types of aged care services available
- an assessment of needs to identify eligibility and the right type of care
- referrals and support to find service providers that can meet your needs
- information on what you might need to pay towards the cost of your care.
How to engage with My Aged Care
We understand that you may prefer to connect with us in different ways at different times. You can call us, speak with someone in person, or use our online tools and information. You can also combine these options, depending on your needs and preferences.
What you can expect from My Aged Care
- we put people at the heart of what we do
- we empower people to make informed decisions
- we provide reliable information, advice and assessment, with multiple ways to access it.
My Aged Care offers you:
- prompt, reliable, and confidential services
- polite, helpful, and knowledgeable staff
- clear information, available in other languages if you speak a language other than English
- support to access information if you have hearing difficulties or a vision impairment
- help to find government funded aged care services
- prompt resolution of any complaint or concern you have with My Aged Care.
We will always:
- protect your personal information
- respect you and the choices you make
- respect and support your cultural background, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity
- respect your right to have an advocate
- inform you about your options, rights, and responsibilities
- explain why, if we are unable to help you, and point you to other assistance that may be available.
We will not:
- provide you with legal, medical or financial advice
- seek information about you from another person or organisation without your permission.
You can help us to help you by giving:
- accurate information about yourself, your needs and situation
- feedback on how we can improve our services.
How to contact us
There are many ways to get in touch with My Aged Care. Visit our Contact us page for more information.
The following resources are also available to help explain how to get started with My Aged Care:
- How to get started with My Aged Care video
- Find the help you need with My Aged Care brochure
- My Aged Care poster
- My Aged Care radio advertisement
- create a personalised checklist using the My guide to aged care tool
- use the Help explorer tool to learn about the different types of services that may be available to you.
Whether you are an older person or you care for an older person, there is support available for people of different backgrounds and situations.
See our Accessible for all page for more information.
You can order hard copies of the brochure (quote I50067), poster (quote I50069) and magnet (quote I50068) from National Mailing and Marketing:
Phone: (02) 6269 1025