Will I be eligible for government-funded aged care?
Eligibility is based on factors like your health, how you’re managing at home, and any support you currently receive. You may be eligible for aged care services if you have:
- noticed a change in what you can do or remember
- been diagnosed with a medical condition or reduced mobility
- experienced a change in family care arrangements
- experienced a recent fall or hospital admission,
- 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people).
To know for sure if you are eligible, you will need to have an assessment.