When you register with My Aged Care, with your consent a personalised record is created for you. This is called your client record. It contains important information about you, your aged care services, and your interactions with My Aged Care.
You can access your client record through your My Aged Care Online Account. This page covers how to set up and access your Online Account.
What is the Online Account?
Your Online Account contains important information about your assessments, services, and interactions with My Aged Care. The Online Account lets you:
- find your Aged Care ID number, which you can use to interact with My Aged Care (your ID number begins with the letters AC, followed by 8 digits)
- update your contact details (for example, home address, phone number or email)
- sign up to receive SMS and email notifications about important events in your aged care journey
- view information about a Home Care Package level and wait time if you’ve been approved for a package
- see any referral codes for approved services to pass on to your provider
- look up information about previous services
- read copies of letters you’ve received from My Aged Care.
How do I access my Online Account?
To set up your Online Account, you will need to be registered with My Aged Care. Once registered, you will then need to link your myGov account to My Aged Care. You will only need to do this once.
Step 1: Register with My Aged Care
I’m already registered
Skip ahead to Step 2.
I don’t know if I’m registered
Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 for this information.
I’m not registered
If you aren’t registered, there are two ways you can do this:
- Apply for an assessment online. Before you can access government-subsidised aged care services, you need to apply for an assessment to determine your eligibility. Using the online application is easy, and only takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Call My Aged Care. You can call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. We will talk with you about your needs and complete the application while you’re on the phone.
Once registered, you can go to Step 2.
If you don’t have a myGov account, you need to create one. You can do this online with the help of the Create a myGov account guide.
If you have any trouble, call the myGov helpdesk on 13 23 07.
If you already have a myGov account, you don't need to create a new one. You can sign in to myGov using your MyGov sign in details and then go to Step 3.
Step 3: Link your myGov account to your My Aged Care Online Account
Once you sign in to myGov, you need to add My Aged Care as a service.
To do this, choose My Aged Care from the services list (see Image 1 below). Then follow the online prompts.
Image 1: myGov services list
You will have to complete three steps to connect your Online Account:
- Confirm what kind of account you have. Tell us if you’re receiving aged care or representing someone who is.
- Provide identification so we can find your account. We recommend using your Aged Care ID or your Medicare number. You may also be able to use your Centrelink customer reference number, or your Veteran card number.
- Confirm your contact details. You will need to provide your name and contact details as registered with My Aged Care.
After you complete the steps, you will be taken to your Online Account.
The My Aged Care service tile will also appear on your myGov account homepage. This will display alongside your other linked services (as shown in Image 2 below).
The next time you want to access your My Aged Care Online Account, you can sign in to myGov and select the My Aged Care service tile. This will direct you to your My Aged Care Online Account.
Image 2: My Aged Care link on the myGov homepage
Once you sign in to your Online Account, you can learn more about how to use it on the How to use your Online Account page.
I’m a representative or agent for someone else – do I have an Online Account?
Yes. Similar to what happens when a person registers with My Aged Care as a client, when you become someone’s My Aged Care representative or agent, a client record is created for you. You can access your Online Account through myGov by following the steps outlined in the How do I access my Online Account? section above.
How can I access the Online Account of someone I support?
If you are accessing a My Aged Care Online Account for someone you support as a representative or agent, you will need to sign into your own Online Account first. You can then access their account through your own account.
For step-by-step instructions, download our guide on Navigating the My Aged Care Online Account as a representative.