Skip to content
My Aged Care Contact Centre will be closed on Good Friday - 19 April and Easter Monday – 22 April. My Aged Care Contact Centre will be open on Saturday 20 April 10am – 2pm.
For information on the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety, visit
Carers meeting

For service providers

Quick links


Resources for aged care service providers are available on the Department of Health website, including:

  • quick reference guides
  • guidance documents
  • fact sheets
  • videos.

Subscribe to receive regular email updates from the department for aged care service providers.

Further information for aged care service providers:

Refer a client to My Aged Care

Clients should be registered with My Aged Care before they can receive non-urgent services. If a client asks you to organise services, you can:

  • use the Make a referral form to help them register with My Aged Care. You should tell the client that the My Aged Care contact centre may call them (or their representative) to discuss their needs, OR
  • help them to call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 for registration and phone screening.

For various reasons, some older people can’t talk with My Aged Care over the phone. To ensure these people are still able to access aged care, My Aged Care allows specific groups to go direct to an aged care assessment without talking directly to the contact centre. This includes when an older person who:

  • has a medical condition that means they can’t talk on the phone
  • is Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and who due to past experience doesn’t feel comfortable talking on the phone
  • has poor hearing or is deaf and doesn’t have the technology to use the National Relay Service
  • lives in a remote community and does not have phone access or reception
  • doesn’t speak English and their language isn’t available on the Translating and Interpreting Service
  • is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.

If the older person you are helping can’t talk to My Aged Care for one of the above reasons, you can support them without becoming their representative.

If the older person does not meet one of the above reasons and does not want to talk to My Aged Care, they will need to put in place a representative. Any individual such as a family member, carer or a staff member from a service provider can agree to be their regular representative.

My Aged Care service provider portal

The My Aged Care service provider portal can only be accessed by Australian Government-funded aged care service providers. Organisations must be registered to access the service provider portal. To do this you need:

Organisation Administrator access

The Department of Health provides access for one administrator in each aged care organisation. Administrators need to set up access for additional staff and maintain the correct information for their organisation.

Aged care service providers that do not yet have an administrator need to request access by emailing with your organisation’s:

  • name
  • ABN and/or ACN
  • type of aged care program (e.g. home care package, residential aged care, Commonwealth Home Support Programme, etc).

If you work for an aged care service provider, you need to request access to the service provider portal through your organisation’s administrator.

Call the My Aged Care service provider and assessor helpline on 1800 836 799 for help with the My Aged Care system and technical support. The helpline is available from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm Saturday, local time across Australia.

Listing your services in the service finder

Australian Government funded aged care services

If your organisation currently provides Australian Government funded aged care services, your organisation can be listed in the My Aged Care service finder and receive referrals.

Australian Government funded providers can also list the services of their sub-contracted provider(s) on the service finders using the My Aged Care portal.

Non-government funded aged care services

If you provide aged care services but do not receive government funding, you can list your services on the National Health Services Directory (NHSD). Service information will appear in the NHSD search listings.

The NHSD is delivered by Healthdirect Australia. It provides easy access to reliable and consistent information about health and related services including contact details, location, opening hours, wheelchair access and billing options.

The following non-funded services that appear in the NHSD search listings will also appear on the My Aged Care service finder: physiotherapy, podiatry, occupational therapy, domestic assistance, or residential care.

Keeping your organisation’s details updated

It’s important to check and keep your organisation’s details up-to-date in the service provider portal.

This allows your organisation details and the services you offer to display on the My Aged Care website.

You can edit and submit changes to your organisation’s details by logging into the service provider portal.

Note that only approved providers that are funded by the Australian Government can update their information. Other residential aged care services, such as retirement villages, are not included on the My Aged Care website.

Aged Care Home Finder

As an approved provider, details of your organisation are automatically listed within the Aged Care Home Finder on the My Aged Care website.

There are two categories of aged care home details:

Accommodation pricing information - mandatory

Since 19 May 2014 all approved providers have been required to publish their accommodation pricing and key features information on the My Aged Care website. The publication of accommodation prices and key features information is a legislative requirement. Providers should ensure that the information on the My Aged Care website is accurate.

You may be aware that the maximum permissible interest rate (MPIR) changes quarterly on 1 January, 1 April, 1 July and 1 October, which affects the equivalence between refundable deposit and daily payment amounts. Accordingly, you must update the accommodation prices published on My Aged Care, on your own website, and in relevant written materials given to prospective residents in line with changes in the MPIR.

The portal and My Aged Care website will automatically update the daily payment amounts published for your service/s for you on the first day of each quarter. The maximum refundable deposit amounts will not be changed. If you would like to change the published refundable deposit amounts, you may do so using the portal.

Approximately one week before the date of effect, you will receive an automatic notification from the portal advising you of the change in MPIR and reminding you that the daily payment amounts in the portal and on My Aged Care will be automatically updated.

For more information, please visit the Department of Health website.

Additional home details – optional

In addition to the basic information the site will always display about your facility (such as the aged care home name, street address, accreditation and certification status), you can also tell users of the site about:

  • the types of care you provide
  • the activities and services that are available to them
  • your staffing and staff development approach
  • your approach to food and nutrition
  • any special services or programs you have for particular groups of people
  • upload a PDF copy of a brochure and pictures of your facility.

Last reviewed: 7 November, 2018.