Got a question? We’re here to help.
Use the Contact us tool above to find the right contacts for your enquiry.
Arranging the aged care services you need can be a complex and daunting task - that’s why My Aged Care is here to help. We can provide support to help you access Australian Government-funded aged care services.
You can call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 (Freecall*).
We are open:
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm
- Saturdays: 10am to 2pm
- Closed on Sundays and national public holidays.
If you are calling from overseas, dial +61 2 6289 1555 (office hours) and ask for the My Aged Care contact centre.
* 1800 numbers are free from landlines and most mobile phones. Check with your mobile phone provider for more information.
You can visit us in person
Face-to-face aged care support is now available at dedicated Services Australia service centres.
You can book an appointment to speak to an Aged Care Specialist Officer (ACSO) in person by calling 1800 227 475 on weekdays from 8am to 5pm.
The face-to-face support will rollout to 80 locations by December 2022. This includes 10 ACSOs to provide face-to-face support to older Australians in rural and regional areas.
You can also write to us at:
PO Box 1237
Need help with calling us?
- You can ask someone to speak on your behalf. Find out how on our representatives page.
- For translating and interpreting services, call 131 450 and ask for 1800 200 422.
- To use the National Relay Service to choose your preferred access point on their website, or call the NRS Helpdesk on 1800 555 660.
While we are happy to help you access aged care services - if it’s an emergency, please call 000. Or contact your GP for non-life threatening health issues.
Avoiding and reporting scams
Please be aware that My Aged Care will never:
- contact you directly through social media (like Facebook) or other messaging platforms (such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Weibo)
- ask you for your bank details.
If you believe someone is trying to scam you (claiming to be from My Aged Care), please call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to follow up.
If you would like to report a scam, visit www.scamwatch.gov.au.
Let us know when something changes
If you or your family have moved address, need to change a representative or perhaps someone has passed away, please let us know. You can do this by updating the details in your Online Account or by calling the My Aged Care contact centre. When you call, we will ask for your name and address, date of birth and your Aged Care (AC) number.
If a loved one passes away, you can let us know through the Australian Death Notification Service, by phone, or through a linked Online Account. Visit our page on notifying us when someone passes away.
Accessible services and information
Whatever your background, culture, location, or needs, find out how to access the services you need.
- Get support to contact My Aged Care in your language, or read aged care information in 22 languages. This includes Italian, Vietnamese, and Chinese.
- Read about the help available for people of all backgrounds, abilities and situations. This includes LGBTI, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, and more.
Read more about how we are making services accessible for all.
About My Aged Care
Find out more about My Aged Care and what we do, and download our aged care booklets. Visit our About us page.
Our complaints process
We welcome feedback, so please use the Contact Us tool to give your feedback online. Or find the best phone or postal contacts. Or read more about our complaints process.