Got a question? We’re here to help.
Use the Contact us tool above to find the right contacts for your enquiry.
Arranging the aged care services you need can be a complex and daunting task - that’s why My Aged Care is here to help. We can provide support to help you access Australian Government-funded aged care services.
You can call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 (Freecall*).
We are open:
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm
- Saturdays: 10am - 2pm
- Closed on Sundays and national public holidays.
If you are calling from overseas, dial +61 2 6289 1555 (office hours) and ask for the My Aged Care contact centre.
* 1800 numbers are free from landlines and most mobile phones. Check with your mobile phone provider for more information.
Need help with calling us?
- You can ask someone to speak on your behalf. Find out how on our representatives page.
- For translating and interpreting services, call 131 450 and ask for 1800 200 422.
- To use the National Relay Service to choose your preferred access point on their website, or call the NRS Helpdesk on 1800 555 660.
While we are happy to help you access aged care services - if it’s an emergency, please call 000. Or contact your GP for non-life threatening health issues.
Let us know when something changes
If you or your family have moved address, need to change a representative or perhaps someone has passed away, please let us know. You can do this by calling the My Aged Care contact centre. When you call, we will ask for your name and address, date of birth and your Aged Care (AC) number. The Australian Government has a useful checklist of other people and organisations you may need to contact if someone has passed away.
Accessible services and information
Whatever your background, culture, location, or needs, find out how to access the services you need.
- Get support to contact My Aged Care in your language, or read aged care information in 22 languages. This includes Italian, Vietnamese, and Chinese.
- Read about the help available for people of all backgrounds, abilities and situations. This includes LGBTI, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, and more.
Read more about how we are making services accessible for all.
About My Aged Care
Find out more about My Aged Care and what we do, and download our aged care booklets. Visit our About us page.
Our complaints process
We welcome feedback, so please use the Contact Us tool to give your feedback online. Or find the best phone or postal contacts. Or read more about our complaints process.
How to access aged care services
Take a look at the different types of care available.
Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to request an assessment.
After your face-to-face assessment, find out what services you are eligible for.
Use our Find a provider tool and checklists to find the best match for your needs.
Understand and sign the service agreement(s) to start receiving services.
Find out how to make changes and what to do if things go wrong.