After you have been assessed as eligible for a home care package, follow this pathway to access and manage your services:
If you are assessed as eligible for a home care package you will:
- receive a letter of approval from My Aged Care that sets out the level of home care package you are approved to receive
- be placed in a national priority queue for home care packages and will be contacted when a suitable package becomes available for you.
If you don’t receive an approval letter explaining your assessment outcome, call My Aged Care and request a copy.
How long you may need to wait for a home care package
You are likely to wait between the time you are approved for care and the time you are assigned a home care package.
The length of time you will need to wait will depend on the date you were approved for home care and your needs and circumstances, based on your assessment.
Due to the demand for home care packages, for most people, we currently expect the maximum wait time to be:
|Home Care Package Level 1||Home Care Package Level 1||6-9 months||6-9 months|
|Home Care Package Level 2||Home Care Package Level 2||6-9 months||6-9 months|
|Home Care Package Level 3||Home Care Package Level 2||6-9 months||12+ months|
|Home Care Package Level 4||Home Care Package Level 2||6-9 months||12+ months|
* Current as at 28 February 2018
Depending on your individual situation you may receive a home care package sooner than this.
If you have been approved for a home care package, you can find out how long your wait is likely to be:
- log in to your client record using MyGov
- call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422.
Call My Aged Care if you need care while you are waiting to receive a home care package, or your care needs change. You may be eligible for other care and services.