If you’re an older person from a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background, or you’re caring for an older person from a CALD background, there are aged care services specifically for you. Many organisations now offer specific diets, activities, languages or spiritual needs, whatever your cultural, linguistic or spiritual background.
If you speak a language other than English, you can call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 for support to talk to My Aged Care or with your aged care provider about your services.
TIS National covers more than 100 languages and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the cost of a local call.
My Aged Care can help you access aged care information in your language.
Partners in Culturally Appropriate Care
There are organisations in each state and territory that work as part of the Partners in Culturally Appropriate Care (PICAC) program to:
- support aged care providers to deliver culturally appropriate care to older people from CALD communities
- help older CALD people and their families make informed decisions about their aged care needs.
PICAC organisations run a range of activities including training, information sessions, workshops, and resource development.
Find out more from each state’s PICAC organisations listed below:
- New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory – Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra:
Phone: 02 4227 4222
- Northern Territory – Council on the Ageing NT (COTA NT):
Phone: 08 8941 1004
- Queensland – Diversicare:
Phone: 1300 348 377
- South Australia – Multicultural Aged Care:
Phone: 08 8241 9900
- Tasmania – Migrant Resource Centre (Southern Tasmania) Inc:
Phone: 03 6221 0999
- Victoria – Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing:
Phone: 03 8823 7979
- Western Australia – Fortis Consulting:
Phone: 08 9467 2490