There are many ways to get in touch with My Aged Care. On this page, you’ll find contact details, support services for contacting us, tips on how to share documents with My Aged Care, and important things to keep in mind to help you protect your personal information.

Call us

You can call the My Aged Care Contact Centre on 1800 200 422. We are open:

  • Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm 
  • Saturdays: 10am to 2pm

We are closed on Sundays and national public holidays.

This number is free to call from Australian landlines and some mobile phones. Please check with your mobile service provider. 

If you are calling from overseas, dial +61 2 6289 1555 (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm AEST) and ask for the My Aged Care Contact Centre.

Get help to call us

If you need help contacting us, these services and supports can help:

  • Appoint a support person. You can ask someone to speak on your behalf. This can be a family member, friend, a person you trust or an organisation. Find out how on our  Arranging someone to support you page.
  • Translating and interpreting support:
  • Hearing or speech impairment support. Call the National Relay Service on 1800 555 660, or choose your preferred access point on their website.

While we are happy to help you access aged care services, if it’s an emergency, please call 000. Or contact your GP for non-life-threatening health issues.

Visit us in person

Staff in all Services Australia service centres can help you with general information about My Aged Care services. They can also help you use the My Aged Care website and upload your documents, as well as connect you with specialised assistance.

Aged Care Specialist Officers (ACSOs) are available at a number of Service Australia service centres. Learn more about the support they offer at the Services Australia website.

To book an appointment with an ACSO, call the Services Australia Aged Care line on 1800 227 475. They are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm.

Share documents with us

My Aged Care Online Account

Once you are registered with My Aged Care, a personalised client record is created for you. You can access your client record through your My Aged Care Online Account. Learn more about how to access your Online Account.

You can upload a range of documents in your My Aged Care Online Account, which can then be shared with assessors, service providers, and My Aged Care. Browse the pages below for instructions on how to upload documents using your Online Account:

By visiting a Services Australia service centre where you can get face-to-face help to upload your documents into My Aged Care.

If you need to post information—for example, signed forms—to My Aged Care, you can send them to this address:

PO Box 1237
Runaway Bay 
QLD 4216

Let us know if something changes

If information about you or people involved in your care changes, it's important to let us know. This includes updates such as:

  • changes of address and contact details for you and your representatives
  • changes to your representatives
  • the person receiving care passing away.

You can do this by updating the details in your Online Account or by calling the My Aged Care Contact Centre. When you call, we will ask for your name and address, date of birth and your Aged Care (AC) ID or Medicare number.

If a loved one passes away, you can also let us know through the Australian Death Notification Service, by phone, or through a linked Online Account. Visit our page on notifying us when someone passes away.

Make a complaint

If you have a concern about any aspect of your – or a loved one’s – aged care experience, it’s important you raise it. There are different ways to make a complaint, depending on what your concern is. 

To learn more about raising your complaint visit our Complaints page.

Protect your information and avoid scams

Please be aware that My Aged Care will never:

  • contact you directly through social media (such as Facebook) or other messaging platforms (such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Weibo), or
  • ask you for your bank details.

If you believe someone is trying to scam you (claiming to be from My Aged Care), please call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to follow up.

If you would like to report a scam, visit the Scamwatch website.

woman using telephone

Just getting started with aged care? 

We've answered some of the commonly asked questions about starting on your aged care journey.

You can find the answers here