When you’re choosing a service provider or receiving services, it’s important to think about quality.
Quality is not just about meeting standards. Your wellbeing, social interaction and health can affect your quality of life.
You also need to know when you are not receiving the expected standard of care and what to do when you have a concern.
Find quality services
- Questions to ask service providers about quality of aged care
- Use the service finder tool to:
- search for and compare aged care services
- find specific services
- see which aged care homes participate in the National Quality Indicator Program
- check if an aged care home has:
- a sanction
- a notice of non-compliance
- an accreditation/audit report
- a Consumer Experience Report.
Protect your rights
- Resident agreement
- Home care agreement
- Charter of care recipients' rights and responsibilities
- Advocacy services.
Check quality of care
Find out how you can provide feedback, access advocacy services or raise concerns about My Aged Care, assessments or your care and services.