Published date: 13 February 2023
If you're unsure about what aged care services are available, it can help to read about people in similar situations and how they received help.
Using the Help explorer on the My Aged care website, you can read stories about how other people accessed government-funded aged care services and the difference this is making to their lives.
The Help Explorer also includes a feature which lists what types of services are available to help you remain living at home.
How can the Help explorer help me?
The Help explorer tool can help you:
- learn about people who were in a similar situation
- find out what is generally involved when you begin looking for government-funded aged care
- discover the different services available to help a variety of assessed needs.
How does the Help explorer work?
You will find the Help explorer on the What help is available page.
If you scroll down the page, you will find the full list of stories to explore. However, you can also use the filters to find specific stories.
There are two ways you can filter the stories:
- select ‘Start here,’ then tick the areas you need help with (see point 1 in image below)
- select ‘Filter by service’ to choose the specific services you’d like to learn more about (see point two in image below).
Read the stories that best match your current situation, or the service you want to learn more about.
Will the Help explorer tell me what services I’m likely to receive?
The Help explorer can only show you how other people in similar situations received aged care services.
Before you can access services, you need to apply for an assessment to check if you’re eligible.
Learn more about the types of services available and the experiences of others by visiting the Help explorer.
Last updated date: 27 February 2023
News and updates
For alerts on issues like COVID-19, information on new features coming to this website, important updates from the Australian Government about aged care, and more, visit our News and updates page.