Skip to content
My Aged Care Contact Centre will be closed on Good Friday - 19 April and Easter Monday – 22 April. My Aged Care Contact Centre will be open on Saturday 20 April 10am – 2pm.
For information on the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety, visit
Carers meeting

How assessment works

Before you can access any government funded services, you must have a My Aged Care assessment. An assessment helps to ensure you receive the care and support you need.

An assessment will work out your care needs and what types of care and services you may be eligible for.

If you have registered with My Aged Care and have been referred for an assessment, read about what to expect and what you can do to prepare for a:

If you don’t know what type of assessment you have been referred for call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.

With your consent, My Aged Care will refer your client record to the assessor. This means they won’t need to ask you so many questions.

If you have immediate needs, My Aged Care may also refer you directly to services before your assessment takes place.

Last reviewed: 14 May, 2018.