CHSP providers – Service description
When you’re a Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) provider, service descriptions are the main way to let users know about your organisation.
As there isn’t a separate summary field for CHSP providers, your organisation needs to add a description to each service you provide. What you add in those fields is important for users to understand what you’re offering and whether it’s what they need. You need to make sure your description is relevant for all clients and not just include information about one-off projects or limited-service offerings.
Where to add this information
Where it appears for the user
Dos and Don’ts
Do: Keep it brief, welcoming, and unique to that service.
Don’t: Copy and paste long lists/paragraphs with unnecessary information.
- Include a service description. Otherwise, no text will appear. Potential clients need more than just a heading.
- It’s tempting to put a universal description of your organisation in every service description so that users see it. However, that kind of repetition will not look appealing when a potential client chooses many services to view. If it’s important to add this information, find ways to make it brief and unique each time.
- Similarly, make sure each summary is brief and tailored for that service, to avoid repetition. Look for ways to remove non-essential information.
- If a website or similar is added to a service description, it won’t be formatted with a hyperlink. It’s better to add a website through the promotional section of the provider portal.
- Proof your text – always review the information you provide to ensure correct spelling and punctuation.
- Proof your formatting, too. For example, if the list you included is now a string of words, you may need to add line breaks or, if the bullet list you have has no space between bullets and words, you will need to add spaces.