Short-term care providers – Service description
When you’re a short-term care provider, service descriptions are the main way to talk about your organisation on your profile.
As there isn’t a separate summary field for short-term care providers, your organisation needs to add a description to each service you provide. So, what you add there is important for users to understand what you’re offering, so they can compare and choose.
Where to add this information
Where it appears for the user
Dos and Don’ts
Do: Keep it brief, welcoming, and unique to that service.
Don’t: Copy and paste long passages with unnecessary information.
- Include a service description. Otherwise, no text will appear. Potential clients need more than just a heading or the name of your service to make an informed decision.
- While it’s tempting to put a general description of your organisation in every service description so that users see it, that kind of repetition will not look appealing when a potential client chooses many services to view. If it’s important to add this information, find ways to make it brief and unique each time.
- Similarly, make sure each summary is brief and tailored for that service, to avoid repetition. Look for ways to remove non-essential information which may confuse users.
- If a website or similar is added to a summary, it won’t be formatted with a hyperlink. It’s better to add a website through the promotional section of the provider portal.
- Proof your text – always review the information you provide to ensure correct spelling and punctuation.
- Proof your formatting, too. For example, if the list you included is now a string of words, you may need to add line breaks or, if the bullet list you have has no space between bullets and words, you will need to add spaces.