Notices of Non-compliance, Notices to Agree and Sanctions in Ballan Nursing Home
Service Provider: Ballan and District Soldiers’ Memorial Bush Nursing Hospital & Hostel Inc.
|Date notice sent||Date notice sent 19/09/2018|
|Reason(s) for notice||Reason(s) for notice A notice of non-compliance was issued to the approved provider for failure to comply with their responsibility under paragraph 56-1(ga) of the Aged Care Act 1997 which requires the approved provider to comply with the requirements of Part 3A.3 of the Act in relation to managing refundable deposits, accommodation bonds and entry contributions|
|Outcome||Outcome The Approved Provider has failed to meet the un-mets of the Notice of Non-Compliance and has been superseded by a Notice to Agree.|
Sanctions and Notices to Agree
|Sanction or Notice to Agree applied||
Sanction or Notice to Agree applied
In order to avoid the imposition of a revocation sanction under section 63N of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Act 2018, the approved provider is required to agree to the following in writing by 5.00pm on 14 August 2020:
• return monies obtained from refundable deposits and accommodation bonds back to permitted uses by 30 June 2021;
• provide a detailed strategic plan by 31 August 2020 as to how you will do this, including monthly milestones from that date forward;
• provide monthly reports starting on 30 September 2020 with each subsequent report provided by the last day of the following month as to progress in implementing the strategic plan. Each monthly report must include:
o written evidence that each monthly milestones has been achieved;
o information about progress towards completing the sale process set out on page 43 of McGrathNicol’s Project Albert financial review of the Service dated 8 July 2020; and
o any relevant reports, business strategic plans, structural or operational initiatives or reports from professional consultants you engage in relation to your strategy to return to compliance by 30 June 2021;
• provide documented evidence showing you have returned to compliance with your responsibilities under the Commission Act in relation to permitted uses of refundable deposits and accommodation bonds by 30 June 2021.
|Sanction or Notice to Agree date||Sanction or Notice to Agree date 30/07/2020|
|Expiry date||Expiry date 30/06/2021|
|Reason(s) for sanction or notice to agree||
Reason(s) for sanction or notice to agree
• The approved provider did not comply, or is not complying, with one or more of its responsibilities under Chapter 4 of the Aged Care Act 1997 (other than the responsibility referred to in paragraph 63-1(1)(l) of the Aged Care Act in respect of the Service; and
• The approved provider was issued a notice of undertaking under section 67.4 of the Aged Care Act and failed to comply with that undertaking by the due date.
|Current status of service||Current status of service The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission are continuing to monitor the service under the NTA arrangements.|