Notices of Non-compliance, Notices to Agree and Sanctions in Bupa Echuca
Service Provider: Bupa Aged Care Australia Pty Ltd
Sanctions and Notices to Agree
|Sanction or Notice to Agree applied||
Sanction or Notice to Agree applied
1. The approved provider is not eligible to receive Commonwealth subsidies for any new care recipients at the service for a period of six (6) months.
2. Revocation of approved provider status unless the below conditions are undertaken:
· an adviser is appointed by the approved provider for a period of six (6) months, at its expense, to assist the approved provider to comply with its responsibilities in relation to care and services.
· an administrator is appointed by the approved provider for a period of six (6) months, at its expense, to assist the approved provider to comply with its responsibilities in relation to care and services.
· the approved provider agrees to provide relevant training within six (6) months, at its expense, for its care staff, managers and key personnel to support them in meeting the needs of
3. The approved provider is suspended of the allocation of vacant places for six (6) months.
4. To revoke all vacant places if the service is closed.
|Sanction or Notice to Agree date||Sanction or Notice to Agree date 26/03/2019|
|Expiry date||Expiry date 26/09/2019|
|Reason(s) for sanction or notice to agree||
Reason(s) for sanction or notice to agree
The department is concerned about ongoing serious issues that were identified by the Quality Agency at previous visits to the service, were the subject of a notice of non-compliance by the department, and have persisted at the service.
Accreditation Standard 1: Management systems, staffing and organisational development
1.6 Human resource management
Accreditation Standard 2: Health and personal care
2.4 Clinical care
2.7 Medication management
2.8 Pain management
Additional failures of relevance to the decision to impose sanctions were:
1.1 Continuous improvement, 1.8 Information systems, 2.1 Continuous improvement, 2.2 Regulatory compliance, 2.3 Education and staff development, 2.5 Specialised nursing care needs, 2.10 Nutrition and hydration, 2.11 Skin care, 2.12 Continence management, 3.1 Continuous improvement, 3.4 Emotional support, 3.7 Leisure interests and activities, 4.7 Infection control.
|Current status of service||
Current status of service
The Department and the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission are continuing to monitor the service.
A residents and relatives meeting was held on 11 April 2019.
The adviser was appointed by the approved provider on 27 March 2019.
The administrator was appointed by the provider on 27 March 2019.