Notices of Non-compliance, Notices to Agree and Sanctions in Bupa South Hobart
Service Provider: Bupa Aged Care Australia Pty Ltd
Sanctions and Notices to Agree
|Sanction or Notice to Agree applied||
Sanction or Notice to Agree applied
1) The approved provider is not eligible to receive Commonwealth subsidies for any new care recipients at the service for a period of six months.
2) Revocation of approved provider status for a period of six months, unless the below conditions are undertaken
a) Appoint at their expense, an adviser to assist with complying with responsibilities in relation to care and services
b) Appoint at their expense, an administrator to assist with complying with responsibilities in relation to governance and business operation
c) To provide, at their expense, training for officers, employees and agents.
Additional sanctions imposed on 19 March 2019:
1) Vary conditions to which the allocation of places are subject by requiring the provider to have the appropriate number of skilled and qualified staff in this services to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with the Accreditation Standards.
2) Suspend the allocation of all vacant places and will continue to take effect progressively at the specified services when each allocation place becomes vacant.
3) Revoke the vacant places if the services are closed.
|Sanction or Notice to Agree date||Sanction or Notice to Agree date 25/10/2018|
|Expiry date||Expiry date 23/07/2019|
|Reason(s) for sanction or notice to agree||
Reason(s) for sanction or notice to agree
The department identified that there is an immediate and severe risk to the health, safety and wellbeing of care recipients at the service following information received from the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency. There were critical deficiencies at the service contributing to serious and detrimental failings in several areas including:
Accreditation Standard 2: Health and personal care
2.4 Clinical care
2.5 Specialised nursing care
2.6 Other health and related services
2.7 Medication management
2.8 Pain management
2.10 Nutrition and hydration
2.11 Skin care
2.12 Continence management
2.13 Behavioural management
2.14 Mobility, dexterity and rehabilitation
|Current status of service||
Current status of service
The Department and the Quality Agency are continuing to monitor the service.
A residents and relatives meeting was held on 9/11/2018.
The advisor was appointed by the approved provider on 31/10/2018.
The administrator was appointed by the approved provider on 8/11/2018.