Notices of Non-compliance, Notices to Agree and Sanctions in Bupa Campbelltown
Service Provider: Bupa Aged Care Australia Pty Ltd
Sanctions and Notices to Agree
|Sanction or Notice to Agree applied||
Sanction or Notice to Agree applied
1. The approved provider is not eligible to receive Commonwealth subsidies for any new care recipients at the service for a period of nine (9) months.
2. Revocation of approved provider status unless the below actions are undertaken:
• an adviser is appointed by the approved provider for a period of nine (9) months, at its expense, to assist the approved provider to comply with its responsibilities in relation to care and services.
• an administrator is appointed by the approved provider for a period of nine (9) months, at its expense, to assist the approved provider to comply with its responsibilities in relation to governance and business operations.
• the approved provider agrees to provide relevant training within nine (9) months, at its expense, for its care staff, managers and key personnel to support them in meeting the needs of care recipients.
3. Vary conditions to which the allocation of places are subject by requiring the provider to have to have the appropriate number of skilled and qualified staff in this services to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with the Accreditation Standards.
4. Suspend the allocation of all vacant places and will continue to take effect progressively at the specified services when each allocation place becomes vacant.
5. Revoke the vacant places if the services are closed.
|Sanction or Notice to Agree date||Sanction or Notice to Agree date 07/05/2019|
|Expiry date||Expiry date 07/02/2020|
|Reason(s) for sanction or notice to agree||
Reason(s) for sanction or notice to agree
The department is concerned about the extremely high level of non-compliance across all standards identified by the Quality Agency at previous visits to the services.
The Department has serious concerns in relation to:
Accreditation Standard 1: Management systems, staffing and organisational development
1.3 Education and staff development
1.6 Human resource management
Accreditation Standard 2: Health and personal care
2.3 Education and staff development
2.4 Clinical care
2.7 Medication management
2.8 Pain management
2.10 Nutrition and hydration
2.11 Skin care
2.12 Continence management
2.13 Behavioural management
Accreditation Standard 3: Care recipient lifestyle
3.4 Emotional support
Accreditation Standard 4: Physical environment and safe systems
4.3 Education and staff development
Additional failures of relevance to the decision to impose sanctions are:
1.1 Continuous improvement, 1.4 Comments and complaints, 1.8 Information systems, 2.1 Continuous improvement, 2.5 Specialised nursing care needs, 2.6 Other health and related services, 2.9 Palliative care, 2.14 Mobility, dexterity and rehabilitation, 3.7 Leisure interests and activities, 3.8 Cultural and spiritual life.
|Current status of service||
Current status of service
The Department and the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission are continuing to monitor the service.
A residents and relatives meeting was held on 20 May 2019.
The adviser was appointed by the approved provider on 12 May 2019.
The administrator was appointed by the approved provider on 12 May 2019.