Published date: 22 October 2021
The Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) will host a webinar next Tuesday, 26 October 2021, to help older Australians and carers adjust to life as COVID-19 restrictions ease.
An expert panel will share strategies to keep you socially connected and emotionally well as communities reopen.
You will also have the chance to have your concerns or questions answered during a live Q&A session.
What will the event cover?
Strategies for wellbeing will cover:
- the impact of COVID-19 on social and emotional wellbeing
- how to stay connected with others
- creative strategies for wellbeing
- what mental health and social supports are available.
Who are the speakers?
The expert panel includes:
- Dr Gail Kenning – University of NSW Researcher
- Val Fell – OPAN National Older Persons Reference Group Member
- Maurie Voisey-Barlin – Creative Elder Engagement Specialist
- Dr Anne-Nicole Casey – PhD Research Associate, Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing
Your Wellbeing: Social and Emotional Strategies
Date: Tuesday, 26 October 2021
Time: 11:30am-12:30pm AEDT
Registration:Register through Eventbrite.
To watch previous videos in the series, or for more information on the OPAN, visit the OPAN website
Last updated date: 22 October 2021
News and updates
For alerts on issues like COVID-19, information on new features coming to this website, important updates from the Australian Government about aged care, and more, visit our News and updates page.