Published date: 8 November 2022
The Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) is hosting a free webinar to give you the skills to speak up for yourself or a loved one in aged care. This is known as self-advocacy.
The webinar will also see OPAN launch the self-advocacy toolkit, to teach you how to understand and use your aged care rights.
What will the webinar cover?
As well as learning how to self-advocate, you will learn:
- how self-advocacy can help you maintain control and independence
- top tips for self-advocacy
- about OPAN’s new self-advocacy toolkit
- about your rights when seeking or receiving aged care services
- how to make an effective complaint
- how to get help from advocacy support.
Who are the speakers?
A panel of experts will help you understand how to better self-advocate. Speakers include:
- Craig Gear OAM – CEO, Older Persons Advocacy Network
- Tammy Cabban – Advocate and Educator, Seniors Rights Service (OPAN’s NSW member organisation)
- Gwenda Darling – Member, Older Persons Advocacy Network’s National Older Persons Reference Group
What you need to know for better aged care
Date: Tuesday, 29 November 2022
Time: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm AEDT
Registration: Register at the OPAN website.
The webinar will be followed by a live Q&A. You are encouraged to submit your questions at registration.
For more information, or to watch previous webinars, visit the OPAN website.
Last updated date: 8 November 2022
News and updates
For alerts on issues like COVID-19, information on new features coming to this website, important updates from the Australian Government about aged care, and more, visit our News and updates page.