Published date: 28 July 2022
If you want to learn more about Home Care Packages the Older Person’s Advocacy Network (OPAN) is running a free webinar.
Home Care Packages are one way that older Australians can access affordable government-funded care services to get help at home.
The types of services you need will decide the level of home care package you or a loved one receives.
What will the event cover?
This webinar will help you understand:
- how to access a home care package
- home care package costs, including government-contributions and home care package statements
- home care package statements
- how to raise issues with providers
- how to self-manage a home care package.
A live Q&A will take place at the end of the webinar. You can submit any questions you would like to ask when you register at the link below.
Who are the speakers?
A panel of experts will share their knowledge, including:
- Kate Thomson – Financial Advocate, Advocare (Western Australia member)
- Heidri Brook – Senior Practitioner, Financial Advocate, Aged and Disability Advocacy Australia (Queensland member)
- Lesley Forster – Member, Older Persons Advocacy Network’s National Older Persons Reference Group
- Jane Floyd – Home Care Specialist, Aged & Community Care Providers Association.
Webinar: Understanding home care packages
Date: Tuesday, 9 August 2022
Time: 11:30am-12:30pm AEDT
Registration:Register to attend online through the OPAN website.
To learn more, or to watch previous webinars, visit the OPAN website.
To find out more about Home Care Packages, visit the Home Care Packages page.
Last updated date: 31 July 2022
News and updates
For alerts on issues like COVID-19, information on new features coming to this website, important updates from the Australian Government about aged care, and more, visit our News and updates page.