Published date: 30 March 2023
In January 2023, the Australian Government introduced changes to Home Care Package charges.
This included setting limits on what providers could charge for care and package management.
You’re invited to learn more about the changes at an upcoming webinar hosted by the Older Person’s Advocacy Network (OPAN). The webinar will take place at 1pm on Tuesday, 18 April.
What will the webinar cover?
In this webinar, you will learn:
- what the recent changes will mean for home care services and fees
- what’s included and excluded
- where to find more information and support.
Who are the speakers?
Dianne Weller will host a panel of experts, including:
- Craig Gear OAM, CEO - Older Persons Advocacy Network
- Julia Atkinson - acting Assistant Secretary of the Home Care and Assessments Branch, Department of Health and Aged Care.
- Frank Smith - home care recipient, member of OPAN’s National Older Persons Reference Group
- Melissa Fraser - Financial Advocacy Officer from ADACAS (OPAN’s ACT member)
Home care packages: what’s changed
Date: Tuesday, 18 April 2023
Time: 1:00pm-2:00pm AEST
Registration: You can register for the event via the OPAN website.
The webinar will be followed by a live Q&A. If you’d like to submit a question in advance you can do this when you register.
To watch previous webinars, or to learn more about OPAN, visit the OPAN website.
Last updated date: 7 October 2023
Aged Care Reforms
Thousands of people have been involved in shaping the reforms so far – through surveys, webinars, online workshops, consultation papers and in person events. We invite everyone to have their say.