Published date: 2 June 2022
The Older Person Advocacy Network (OPAN) invites you to a webinar to discover how diversity education can make aged care services more inclusive.
More than half of all Australians who access aged care services are from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
What will the event cover?
The webinar explores:
- the importance of diversity and inclusivity being embedded in aged care services
- examples of service providers doing diversity and inclusion well
- diversity recommendations from the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety
- the Aged Care Diversity Framework
- insights from older people.
Who are the speakers?
The panel includes subject experts, including:
- Samantha Edmonds – Manager Policy and Systemic Advocacy, Older Persons Advocacy Network
- Isolde Kauffman – Director, Diversity and Inclusion Section, Department of Health and Aged Care
- Robyn Lierton – Community Engagement and Diversity Manager, ECH
- Hanna Goorden – Senior Project Officer – Diversity Education, Older Persons Advocacy Network
Who’s missing? Diversity and inclusion in aged care
Date: Tuesday, 7th June 2022
Time: 11:30am-12:30pm AEDT
Registration:Register online through eventbrite
* A replay link of the webinar will be sent to attendees a few days after the event.
To learn more about navigating the aged care system, or to watch past webinars, visit the OPAN website.
Last updated date: 7 October 2023
News and updates
For alerts on issues like COVID-19, information on new features coming to this website, important updates from the Australian Government about aged care, and more, visit our News and updates page.