Published date: 15 November 2021
The Older Person’s Advocacy Group is hosting a webinar to help older First Nations Australians, their families and carers with strategies to age well.
What will the event cover?
The webinar will address unique health concerns experienced by First Nations Australians. It will cover:
- what you can do to prevent age-related health problems
- where you can go to get culturally informed aged care advice
- the programs available for older First Nations Australians.
Speakers will also talk about indigenous aged care rights.
Who are the speakers?
- Uncle Terry Donovan – Knowledge Translation Facilitator, Aboriginal Health and Ageing Program, NEURA
- Kevyn Morris – Member of Older Persons Advocacy Network National Older Persons Reference Group
- Rhonda Smith - Aboriginal Sector Support & Development Officer, Booroongen Djugun, Aged Care Facility, Kempsey, NSW
- Christene Polanski – Advocate, Seniors Right Service, Broken Hill, NSW.
The Ageing Mosaic – First Nations Communities
Date: Tuesday, 16 November 2021
Time: 1:30pm-2:30pm AEDT
Registration: Register to attend the webinar through mailchimp
To find out more information, or to watch previous webinars in the Ageing Mosaic series, visit the OPAN website.
Last updated date: 15 November 2021
News and updates
For alerts on issues like COVID-19, information on new features coming to this website, important updates from the Australian Government about aged care, and more, visit our News and updates page.