Published date: 31 January 2022
The Older Person’s Advocacy Network (OPAN) will host a free online webinar to talk about inclusive aged care services and support available if you identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQ).
What will the event cover?
The event will look at:
- the barriers LGBTIQ people face when looking for aged care services, and how they can be removed
- the reasons why many LGBTIQ people are afraid to access aged care services
- support and programs to help LGBTIQ people access aged care
- how providers and residential aged care facilities can create a more inclusive community.
Who are the speakers?
The panel of experts includes:
- Sally Goldner AM, Diversity trans-relator and educator
- Russ Gluyas, Program Coordinator Ageing – the LOVE Project, ACON
- Gerald Dunlop, Advocate, Seniors Rights Service
- Rob Hardy, Director – Training & Capacity Building, LGBTIQ+ Health Australia
- Christine Morris, ElderCare Pride Programme Coordinator, ElderCare.
The Ageing Mosaic – Support for LGBTIQ people
Date: Tuesday, 1 February 2022
Time: 11:30am AEDT
Registration: Register to watch online.
To find out more information, or to watch previous webinars, visit the OPAN website.
Last updated date: 31 January 2022
News and updates
For alerts on issues like COVID-19, information on new features coming to this website, important updates from the Australian Government about aged care, and more, visit our News and updates page.