Published date: 11 April 2022
The Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) is inviting you to attend a free webinar and learn how to better navigate the aged care system.
The webinar is for people at all stages of the aged care cycle - whether you’re planning to stay at home, moving into an aged care home or you’re already receiving care.
What will the webinar cover?
You will learn:
- what is aged care advocacy and how it can help you stay independent for longer
- the role of an advocate in helping to protect your rights
- understanding your rights when looking for, or receiving, aged care services
- how to ask for advocacy support.
Who are the speakers?
The panel is hosted by veteran radio and TV broadcaster Julie McCrossin.
You will also hear from:
- Craig Gear, CEO Older Persons Advocacy Network
- Margaret Crothers, Manager, Advocacy and Regional Services, Seniors Rights Service
- Lorraine Tye, Community Representative
There is also a live Q&A, where you will get the opportunity to ask panellists questions.
Aged care and your rights - how advocacy supports you
Date: Tuesday, 12 April 2022
Time: 11:30am-12:30pm AEST
Registration: Register online through Eventbrite
This webinar will be recorded and a replay link will be sent to attendees a few days after the event.
To learn more, or to watch previous webinars, visit the OPAN website.
Last updated date: 11 April 2022
News and updates
For alerts on issues like COVID-19, information on new features coming to this website, important updates from the Australian Government about aged care, and more, visit our News and updates page.