Published date: 17 March 2022
The Australian Government is developing new aged care home design standards – and we’d like to know what you think.
Tell us your thoughts
If you’re an older Australian, or care for someone who is, we want to know what is important to you in high-quality aged care home design.
A survey is now open where you can tell us your thoughts on creating safer, more innovative aged care homes. Your responses will help us draft the new aged care home design standards.
What is aged care home design?
The key elements of aged care home design include:
- accessibility – being user-friendly and accessible
- dementia-friendly – promoting independence for, and supporting people with, dementia
- suitable for diverse populations – being inclusive and supportive for everyone
- safe design standards – including promoting infection prevention and control
- standards that support innovation.
How to get involved: Complete the survey
The survey is open until 20 April 2022 and only takes around 10 – 15 minutes to complete.
You can access the online version of the survey on the Department of Health’s website.
If you would like help with the survey or would prefer a paper copy with a reply-paid envelope, call 1800 318 209.
Last updated date: 18 March 2022
News and updates
For alerts on issues like COVID-19, information on new features coming to this website, important updates from the Australian Government about aged care, and more, visit our News and updates page.