As you get older, it’s a good idea to:
- find out how to stay physically active and socially engaged
- register for a My Health Record so that you and your doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers can view and share your health information, to provide you with the best possible care
- plan ahead for your finances.
You can put some things in place now so that your family, friends and carers will be able to make decisions on your behalf that are based on your wishes, if there comes a time when you can’t handle your own affairs.
You can also:
- make an advanced care plan so you can decide how you want to be cared for in the future
- read about preparing legal documents.