Skip to content
For information on the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety, visit

Extra assistance when calling us

My Aged Care provides interpreter services and assistance for:

  • people who do not speak English
  • English speakers who need to communicate with non-English speakers
  • people who are deaf
  • people who have a hearing or speech impairment.

Need an interpreter? 

If you speak a language other than English you can phone the Translating and Interpreting Services (TIS) on 131 450. 

TIS covers more than 100 languages and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the cost of a local call. Or, you can call our contact centre on 1800 200 422 (between 8am and 8pm on weekdays or 10am and 2pm on Saturdays), and we will organise an interpreter through TIS to help you talk to the contact centre.

My Aged Care also includes information on aged care in other languages.

Do you have a hearing or speech impairment?

People who are deaf or who have a hearing or speech impairment can contact My Aged Care through the National Relay Service in two easy steps:

Step 1  Visit the National Relay Service website

Step 2  Ask for My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.

Other support

If your language is not available through TIS or you do not have the equipment to access help through the National Relay Service, you can ask someone else to call My Aged Care for you to set up an assessment for aged care services.

Last reviewed: 2 July, 2017.